Monday, July 7, 2008
Time for Tea
The other day when I rode the train home from work, I overheard a man calling his wife, saying that he'd be home in 20 minutes and that he'd like some tea, asking -or rather, requesting- for the tea to be ready when he arrives. I imagined how the woman he called stopped playing with the kids or doing whatever she was doing to obey the male. Now that might sound a bit crass, but I really cringed at the tone of the guy, because he was not asking for a favour, but requesting something he could easily do himself. It just sounded too much like the good ole role behaviour of the mammoth-hunting man bringing home the prey and the woman decorating the cave. Made me kinda sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! I have friends who would have had words with him...!
Post a Comment