Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bring the Pain...

Everyone who knows me knows I'm a huge Grey's Anatomy fan. As the show is on summer break now, I have to rely on my DVD collection to provide me with the much craved amount of medical make-believe. So, yesterday, I watched my favourite episode called 'Bring the Pain'....again. I have watched this particular episode for what must be 20 times now. And there is this one scene where I always cry. Still. To be honest, it's not just crying, I'm literally sobbing. And the fact that one of my favourite songs, a sentimental tune called 'Don't Forget Me' by Way Out West is playing in the background is not exactly helping.

It's the bit where Izzie tells her patient that she has stress cardiomyopathy (not bad for a non-native speaker, huh?) caused by grief. This woman has had an affair with the next-door neighbour for 27 years...who then died unexpectedly. And every year on the day of his death, she has sort of a heart attack, because she's still grieving. It reminds me a little bit of Love in the Time of Cholera.

Always kills me. I have no idea why. Maybe I should go see a shrink about it.

No comments: