Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Summer of....Fur

It's really hot down here in Frankfurt. It's a bit over 30 degrees, and I'm melting. So this morning, when dressing for work, I tried to cover myself with as little cloth as possible and still look business-like. Apparently, not everybody is as susceptible to the heat as me. In the subway, the young woman sitting across from me was dressed very stylishly in different shades of brown....and Ugg boots. You know, these furry boots that look appropriate on an inuit just setting off for polar bear hunt. Now, if this woman was on her way to the north pole, she definitely took the wrong subway line. Or maybe she just came from some tropical destination, trying to adapt to the much cooler temperatures in our moderate climate.

The temperature in the office is increasing by the minute, and I just can't get over it.

1 comment:

MetroTextuel said...

Hey hey, in France we have storms !!! it's funny to have that in august !