...this does not refer to the colour of my beautifully dyed hair. Well, at least not only to that. Last year, at Bootcamp 2007, I visited the Museo Thyssen Bornemisza in Madrid with my colleague Vincent. Sometime halfway through the museum, I told him that I'm somehow attracted to green paintings. Hell, I would decorate the place with all the green Mark Rothko paintings, if I had the money...and the art prints are still expensive enough.
Vincent laughed and asked me whether I know what Kandinsky said about the colour green. I did my homework and found out he said something like “Green is like a fat, very healthy cow lying still and unmoving, only capable of chewing the cud, regarding the world with stupid dull eyes.” Hm. Not very flattering. Now what does that say about me?
A bit later I took the 'What colour are you' test on Facebook - one of the millions of tests that tell you stuff about your personality. Turns out - I am Red. Meaning: "The color of romance and emotion - you sure know a thing or two about passion. While often associated with anger, you represent the truth in human emotion. You stand for blood, fire and power. While even considered a major symbol of good luck in Oriental cultures, you symbolize leadership and valor - power that cannot be easily conquered." There...much better.
So...this is my blog. Enjoy.
By the way...Kandinsky did a really beautiful piece called 'Green Composition'....like it very much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just bought a green painting at a gallery opening last week... not sure I want to pick it up now ;-p
Post a Comment